Scholar Application Process

Internationals who want to do temporary research or teaching at the University of New Mexico must first receive an invitation from the UNM department with which they would like to collaborate. The Department then completes a request with the Global Education Office to bring the scholar to UNM on a J1 exchange visitor visa.

For questions, please email