Connect. Share. Learn. Explore.
GEO organizes programs open to all UNM students, faculty, staff and the Albuquerque community. We welcome your participation in all of our programs. GEO programs include:
- International Education Week celebrations in November
- International Festival in April
- Study Abroad Fairs in October and February
The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Unit of GEO organizes programs that help faciltate adjustment of UNM's international population by connecting them to the people and resources of UNM and New Mexico. ISSS programs and volunteer opportunites include:
- Lobo Friend Mentor Program - Connects new with continuing international and domestic students for fun and friendship
- International Service Corps - Recruits international students and study abroad returnees to share their cultural experiences and expertise in local schools and in UNM classrooms
- Social Activities - Include welcome events, trips throughout the southwest, events for international couples and scholars, and international nights featuring food and entertainment sponsored by culture groups
- Workshops - Provide practical and cultural information and are offered each week throughout fall and spring semesters. Topics include: cultural adjustment, career and work, taxes, and strategies for academic success.
Learn More About Our ActivitiesCheck our calendar for currently scheduled events. If you would like to learn more about our activities or volunteer to help with any of our international programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.