Couples & Scholars
International Couples and Scholars (ICASO)
The International Couples and Scholars (ICASO) is an organization for international couples, students with children, and scholars at UNM who have an interest in meeting other mature individuals from around the world. Members are typically researchers, faculty or students and any spouses and partners (and children).
ICASO strives to:
- Allow members to make friends with others from around the world
- Provide a support network for all non-UNM spouses/partners as well as the UNM researcher/faculty/student member
- Plan fun activities and events
Our activities vary from potluck dinner parties, to cooking demonstrations, to trips outside of Albuquerque. The activities for this semester can be found on our ICASO Facebook or on the GEO calendar.
We hope that this group will help us all meet new people, get out and do fun things, share and learn something about other cultures (and languages), and form a support network of our own with people who share something in common with us! We think this support is particularly helpful for spouses and partners who are not working or studying at UNM, so we need your help to make the connection with your spouse/partner even if you are not interested for yourself. If you think you might want to participate, here is what you should do:
- Tell your spouse/partner about our group
- Contact us with your name, email address, the name of your spouse/partner, and the email address of your spouse/partner if they have one. If you are willing, also include your department, country of origin, and whether you are a scholar or student (this is not required). We will add you to our email list and send you and your spouse/partner information about the events on this sheet and any future events we are planning. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Linda Melville in the Global Education Office at 277-4032. ALL ARE WELCOME! You can ask us to remove your name at any time from this list and none of your information will be shared with others.
- Read the calendar carefully and respond in advance. If you want to attend any of our events, please read the calendar carefully and respond in advance. Many of the events require advance notice so that we can make reservations or inform the host.
We really hope you will want to participate. We encourage you to come out to our events for some fun, no matter how busy you may get. We would love to meet you!
You can contact us by:
Facebook Page: ICASO Facebook
IF YOU ARE HERE WITH A FAMILY, PLEASE TELL YOUR SPOUSE/PARTNER ABOUT US TODAY!